If you are a chronic pain sufferer and are abusing either prescription or illicit substances, TTC Care in West Palm Beach, Florida can help you with both afflictions. If chronic pain has made you turn to prescription opioid painkillers, for example, but you?re finding that you can?t get off them or need more and more in order to feel better, you?re not alone.
Millions of Americans struggle with chronic pain and rely on prescription drugs to help get them through the day. However, many times, this reliance transforms into addiction before you are even aware of it.
Our chronic pain recovery program at TTC Care offers patients who have been dependent on addictive substances a holistic treatment plan that keeps them safe and comfortable. Best of all, our goal is to help patients learn how to manage pain without the use of substances in the future.
So whether you?ve been managing your chronic pain by self-medicating with opioids, alcohol, marijuana or any other risky substance, TTC Care is ready to show you how to manage your pain better while remaining sober and healthy.
How the Pain Recovery Program Works
As we teach patients safe and effective methods to manage the pain they may be suffering from now and in the future, we treat them by following a comprehensive and individualized treatment plan that is broken down into phases. As we move the patient through each phase, we can determine the best therapies in order to combat pain.
You need a treatment plan that takes all of your specific issues into consideration. Effective pain management will help you restore your life, and you?ll learn how to handle your chronic pain in a safe and healthy manner.
In fact, after you detox from opiates or whichever substance once held power over you, you may find that your chronic pain subsides or disappears entirely. TTC Care will help you get to the root cause of your pain while treating your addiction.
Multiple Phases of Treatment
The phases of treatment for chronic pain and substance abuse include:
- Phase 1: Detoxification ? This treatment regimen involves abstaining from drugs and alcohol as the body rids itself of all toxins.
- Phase 2: Clinical Assessment ? We assess the overall health and review the recovery goals of the patient in order to create an individualized treatment plan.
- Phase 3: Individual Counseling ? Talk therapy and one-on-one counseling allows the patient to discuss feelings, emotions, goals, their current status and future plans for continuing recovery.
- Phase 4: Therapeutic Holistic Services ? Medication-free treatment methods impact the body as a whole in order to mitigate chronic pain.
Treating Acute and Chronic Pain Holistically
Anyone, not just those struggling with substance abuse, can experience both acute and chronic pain. However, those in recovery who are abstaining from harmful substances are particularly susceptible to relapse when they are in physical pain.
Acute pain is short-term discomfort that results from tissue damage. This can happen by working out or some type of trauma, including injuries.
Chronic pain persists for weeks, months or years and can greatly affect a person?s quality of life.
The main goal of the chronic pain recovery program is to teach the body to heal itself. When this happens, both types of pain disappear. This is not an easy process, though.
Holistic Therapy Methods We Use
At TTC Care, we use following holistic therapies to treat acute and chronic pain:
- Acupuncture: A service that involves pricking the skin or tissues with small, specially designed needles in order to alleviate mental, physical and emotional pain.
- Chiropractic Services: During this treatment, joints are manipulated in order to help decrease discomfort caused by misalignment.
- Therapeutic Massage: Soft tissues that make up the body are manipulated through a variety of methods in order to release toxins and tension.
- Laser Therapy: A powerful ?cold? beam of light concentrated on a specific area of the body helps create a reaction in the patient?s cells, which reduces pain and inflammation
- Yoga: This type of therapy is similar to an exercise routine. However, this age-old method helps intensify a mind-body connection, and it improves strength.
- Meditation: When one learns to meditate, he or she now has the ability to calm the mind manually. Meditation helps patients deal with stressful situations.
Our Chronic Pain Recovery Program Helps the Mind Heal, Too
At TTC Care, our professionals know that pain can affect a patient?s ability to heal because it?s a drain on the mind and emotions. When you?re fighting a substance dependency, you need to be strong everywhere.
Pain can cause depression and anxiety and can hold somebody back from recovering fully. In order to combat this issue, we address the psychology of pain through:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Individual and Group Counseling
- Trauma Counseling
The entire team at TTC Care will help you recover from substance abuse and learn how to manage your chronic pain symptoms. We will address all facets of your addiction and pain in order to help you live a sober and healthy life.
dealing with chronic pain, please reach out to us.
Our admissions counselors are standing by 24/7 to assist you.
All calls are private and confidential.
Want to Know More? Check Out Our Resources!